Lokhit Pashu-Palak Sansthan (LPPS), LPP’s partner organization in India, has launched a project to promote camels as a source of income in Rajasthan’s deserts.
The project will:
- Educate and raise awareness of traditional camel breeding communities about new marketing options
- Support camel breeders in innovating their production systems
- Establish linkages with research institutes
- Liaise with and lobby government agencies for an appropriate policy framework
- Catalyze private sector involvement and investment in manufacturing and marketing camel products
- Strengthen camel breeders’ organisation to retain ownership of production processes
- Facilitate establishment of a common platform for all stakeholders in the camels.
LPPS has opened an office in Jaisalmer to manage this project. Contact:
Hanwant Singh Rathore
Reviving Rajasthan’s Camel Husbandry Project
LPPS, Plot #760, Anchalwansi Colony, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, India
Tel. 02992-250652, mobile 09414818564